Monday 1 December 2014

Can I just start skip the first post?

There have been too many false starts in trying to get the blog off the ground and I have spent waaaaaay too much time of trying to think up of the perfect first post.  Trying to come up with something deep and meaning and well constructed in terms of flow and blah.  

Then I realised, that whole thought process goes against the very name of 'Bluffing It'.  To be honest, I have never really blogged before to an audience.  All my previous musing on the internet have really been me typing at people.  This time is different.  I am out of my comfort zone and feel exposed.  Over the next few days, weeks, months, I am going to be documenting many things that I have never tried before to you guys.  I know that there are people I know who are reading this (hello) and I also know that there are people I do not know, complete strangers reading this (hello).  People who have never met me will be forming an opinion on me, based on the words you see before you.  As I mentioned before, I have put waaaaaay too much thought into this first post. I've digressed.

I have never ran a fundraising campaign on this scale before (well ever), I have not done as much training as I should have nor have I ever cycled such a large distance nor spent so much time on the road.  So the initial stages of this fundraising project have been very difficult, not in terms of what I have to learn, but in terms of putting myself in such a public place, telling people and getting people to tell other people that I am going to undertake such an ambitious task.  I am out of my comfort zone.  The fear of failure is strong but it won't beat me.  There will be no excuses.  I am making it to Bluff.  I am Bluffing It for real.

I think I may overcome my fear of the 'first post'.  Come on self doubt. You're next!

Feel free to comment away. It can be about anything, from suggestions to places to visit, questions about how to donate to feedback about my writing skills or even if you want want to get involved. Let me know.  Due to the spiteful nature of technology, leaving comments is not a straight forward process as you think it would be...to post a comment, you need to sign in using a google account or just select the anonymous option on the drop down box. Comment away and spread the word! 


No comments:

Post a Comment