Friday 19 December 2014

The digital highway is surprisingly tiring.

The great catch up is over, in one sense anyway. After days of melting my brain with the logistical conundrum of allowing donations to three different charities, registered in three different countries on three different continents, I have finally pulled all the different, conflicting pieces to create something that makes sense and makes the most out of everyone's donations! 

If there is an easy way or a hard way to do something, I will always seem to find the most difficult route. Not content with just sticking with one cause, I thought I'd make life easier by tacking on another 2 good causes. 

Give me a choice between repeating the last few days consistently sat in front of a laptop, trawling through pages of words and grueling hills, camping, living off worse than students food. I go with the second option every time...as long a sits sunny, overcast or drizzle. I cannot say anything about the pouring, driving, angry rain. So I cannot invite it to the favourable conditions party yet. The invite is in the post. Honest. 

So back on the road tomorrow, after, what feels like an eternity. This will be the first time for me going south of Auckland! Yet, before the proper journey starts, I am catching a train from the center of Auckland to Pukekohe. I know what you are thinking. A train? Boo to you (that's you booing me, not me booing you. That would just be rude), you dirty cheat. Well, yes its cheating...a bit but after discussing routes with many people who have toured a lot around NZ and they all said 'Get the train'. Industrial areas, heavy traffic, narrow roads, accidents, blah, blah, blah, general shite riding. So train. 43km of train. 43km to make up elsewhere...well techically 13km, as there was the 30km detour. But hay, whose counting anyway? Did I mention that I've done 452.3km so far? Oh yeah, I'm counting, thats who. 

Feel free to comment away. It can be about anything, from suggestions to places to visit, questions about how to donate to feedback about my writing skills or even if you want want to get involved. Let me know.  Due to the spiteful nature of technology, leaving comments is not a straight forward process as you think it would be...to post a comment, you need to sign in using a google account or just select the anonymous option on the drop down box. Comment away and spread the word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment