Sunday 14 December 2014

Hot dinners are more boss than Bruce Springsteen at a boss convention.

Day 4. Sweet, sweet FA.
Ahipara to nowhere in particular.
Daily total: 0km Running total: 149.27km

An exciting day of sorting the bike and dossing around on the beach.







Day 3.  The concept of rest day needs explaining to me...  
Waipapakauri to Ahipara
Daily total: 50.78km Running total: 149.27km

The final burn before 'rest' day.

Despite going to bed a broken man with the fear of severely limited mobility, I woke up surprisingly nimble. Just a short ride along the remainder of the beach to the next town before a well deserved rest stop. I am not wanting to go breaking myself this early in the game.  

I thought my body would totally reject the bike today after all the leg cramping of the day before. I think bribing my body with the promise of a lazy day helped. Haha, you fool body, you absolute fool. You should have known better than to listen to me! What I forgot to inform body about was the trip to the next town to score some food for cooking. The next town being the 15km away in Kaitaia with little around that resembles public transport. So back on the bike.

So much for the grand ambition of chilling out the whole day, although did consume a devastatingly large portion of chips. Small portion my (soon to be lard) arse!

Got on the cooking mission later on in the evening. How good are hot dinners? Proper good and way better than a witty analogy that disses salad. I had been living off Farmhouse pate rolls for the last couple of meals and I had exhausted all possible bread/pate permutations within one roll.

Working out the subtler mechanics of bungee cords. If you use them in a rush, they will punish you for your shabby timekeeping by wrapping themselves up in each other in some form of bungee cord orgy. Rest day tomorrow is needed. No human should be thinkng about slithering bungee cords in such details.




No comments:

Post a Comment