Monday 23 February 2015

Better late than never....South Island!

Wellington to Picton  (South Island)

Could not cycle over as the issue of water being the way. I'm good but not that good, so I had to take the ferry but I did cycle on to the ferry. If that is any consolation to you. The journey over is beautiful. Rolling hills, hidden bays, long beaches and glorious sunshine. Although dickhead here left the camera with the bike below deck. Also the hoody! The wind was cold. So for those wishing to catch the ferry, my top tips would be bring a hoody and your camera! Seriously.


The arrival into Picton was grand until the clouds loomed and started to open up at the first camp ground I came to. That mind my decision of where to stay a lot easier. When I say opened up, I mean repressed, pissed off rage opened up! I thought my tent was going to collapse!

After so much time leading up to the South Island, I released that I had no plan. In Picton, in the shitty windy rain, getting battered by my own tent and no direction. Just Bluff. Well and Slope Point (the most Southern point of the South Island). Not the best of introductions, this could be a long and wet journey...

No comments:

Post a Comment