Saturday 28 February 2015

Ignorance really is bliss

Day 7. The whim awakens 

Kaiteriteri to Totaranui
Daily total: 92.42km Running total: 383.54km

To get over to the top end of the Able Tasmine trail, it is just a short skip,hop,jump over the Takaka ranges. The steep, steep long,curve happy Takaka Ranges. You climb 791 meters over 13 km. It takes ages to ride up but by Joove, I was going to make it!

The route is constantly hidden by vegetation, so no way of judging the lengh and steepness of it all. Just pure ignorance to the mission at hand! Switchback after switchback, km after km,it is all worth it. Once reaching the top, you feel that you have earnt the right to enjoy the downhill! There was whooping as I plummeted down the hill. 







He there moments on the aayway, from the kid offering encouragement I the form of hanging out the. At window and clapping to the truck driver flashing a 'slow down' at me as I fought my way up the hill. These little acts of encouraged me to keep going. Its the little things that can make a difference! 

On the other side a pass a fence of shoes, come across a load of free plums (with I ended up busting a few open. Not a pretty sight! 




Later in the day,despite being on the South Island, I was traveling north! At some point very soon,I would be further north than Wellington! Good work whim, good work.





No comments:

Post a Comment