Thursday 1 January 2015

How much do I omit from the notes?

Day 12. Ramblings from the reclining sofa...

Waingaro to Raglan.
Daily total: 42km Running total: 599km

My safety blanket is now gone. The odometer is dead! Cycling without it felt like loosing a companion. There is a possibility that I maybe spending a bit too much with myself that basic devices are taking a life of their own. How am I meant to know how far I have left to go? Have to rough guess distances now.

Raglan is a small surfing town. Very chilled. Good vibe to the place with a good green landscape to beach ratio. The campsite was a bit like a holiday interment camp.
Interment camp views.
 
More views.

It is strange typing up the notes from the road. How much of the ramblings do I include? Some are pointless and far from the point of anything. I have to ask myself, does you, the audience, need to know about the film about one man and his duck? The answer is yes. Yes you do. It will be cathartic. Mainly for me. You can always just skip to the end and soak in more pictures.

The duckman. The reclining sofas did not help. They trapped me in their soft splendour and the TV remote was awol somewhere and well...laziness. Moving was now not an option. I could not work out why the man had a duck as a friend. He was trying to score with some lass. The duck didn't even talk or seem to add anything to the plot. I'm sure there was some symbolic meaning but my cognitive functions were seriously lacking at that point. No one seemed to question the duck. Or really acknowledge it. The little shite of a kid thought the man duck relationship was odd. Ducks are allowed in pubs? Really? For duck's sake. The lass then leaves her kid with duck man! Why is she doing that? Why? Why? Why does this film exist? For the love of duck, just end this madness. Got to escape. And escape I did. Off in to the nightlife of Raglan. This was a short lived excursion as age paranoia kicked in as the club as 90's dance tunes (Reel to Reel!) were being rebooted for the younger crowd. Also the floppy hair and beard combo was just odd. The only pictures of that ill-matched combo are me from behind! It will never come back to haunt me! All evidence does not exist!

For those who skipped to the end, hello. Let your eyes do the work.




Feel free to comment away. It can be about anything, from suggestions to places to visit, questions about how to donate to feedback about my writing skills or even if you want want to get involved. Let me know.  Due to the spiteful nature of technology, leaving comments is not a straight forward process as you think it would be...to post a comment, you need to sign in using a google account or just select the anonymous option on the drop down box. Comment away and spread the word! 

No comments:

Post a Comment