Tuesday 20 January 2015

The gentle side of Annie.

Day 29. Water shortage. 

Kuripapango Campsite to Napier
Daily total: 84km Running total: 1794.24km




The other side. Golden hills and a high speed burn to Napier. 
Some water issues. The one place I was told to get water, Blowhard Reserve, was not quite the fresh water source I was sold on. I was given some fresh water at the campsite but my stocks were still low. About 35km from Blowhard was a farmstay, who I pestered for water! All was good in the world of water. 

Once out of the forest, the rolling hills appear and riding conditions become amazing. There is a gentle slope down to Napier with the odd mini hill. I covered so much distance in so little time.  

I arrived early, too early to contact Carl, the person I would be staying with in Napier. So I headed into town along the beach. I never made it to the town...on route I got beckoned over by a man on a bench. Turned out to be Juilian, the French guy that formed part of the brief Pannier Crew back in Katikati! 

Now that I am up to date, I am off to Napier, famous for itself Art Deco style to explore. Photos will follow. 

Out and about in Napier...

Napier was leveled by a massive earthquake during the 1930s, new land appeared and the place was rebuilt Art-Deco style. 













You know there will be more photos with the word 'Bluff' in them in the near future...

Rain!

The not so Art-Deco side of Napier


Feel free to comment away. It can be about anything, from suggestions to places to visit, questions about how to donate to feedback about my writing skills or even if you want want to get involved. Let me know.  Due to the spiteful nature of technology, leaving comments is not a straight forward process as you think it would be...to post a comment, you need to sign in using a google account or just select the anonymous option on the drop down box. Comment away and spread the word!  

1 comment:

  1. Glad you got a helping hand at the end of your day

    ReplyDelete