Saturday 21 March 2015

The out and about post.

Day 33. Out and about.


Out and about in Te Anau
Daily total: 0kRunning Total: 1896.69km

All set to go. Went to the DOC center to pay my camping fees with their stupid booking fee. So $18 to camp (nature ain't cheap) and a $2 booking fee! Which is unavoidable, pay by cash, $2 booking fee! Pay by card, $2 booking fee. Pay online, $2 booking fee. Credit card? $2 booking fee plus a fee for using a credit card. So why don't they just tag the $2 onto the fee and call it $20 overall? 

They tell me it would be better to go up the next day as the weather would be better, I heed their advice. Also, they did not seem that impressed with the amount of gear I had, i.e, not much. Had to go hire a jacket (I don't have one) as Alpine conditions, cold, something, hypothermia, blah, blah death. Also the ranger may turn me back! So jacket it is. 

I stumble across Helmet again. He is heading to the track as well but only for the day and by boat.






Badger, badger, badger...



Drink, drink till you forget.
The morning was cold but by late afternoon, the sun got its act together, all became warm and everything looked like one of those sun kissed Gaymer's cider adverts.

No comments:

Post a Comment