Wednesday 4 March 2015

Why not?

Day 9. Going all the way 



Totaranui to Puponga
Daily total: 100.34km Running total: 483.76km

Despite clocking up a fair whack of km by heading on this whim, I have decided to push it further by heading to the most northern point of the South Island - Cape Farewell. 




The road from Takaka to Colinwood has manageable hills but is a bit dull. Yet the road from Colinwood to Puponga is way more interesting and more importantly , flat. It is crazy, that within a space of 4km on this stretch of road, the landscape goes from flat peaceful beaches to a stunning, hilly, rugged landscape. The scene became more impressive as soon as the sun started setting, giving everything in the area a golden tint. But it be proper windy on them cliff tops. One strong gust and over you go to the rocks below. Despite the death part, the view would be second to none!












Stood a top the cliffs watching the sun go down over a valley, I realize that this maybe one of the most beautiful sights that I will ever see. Rip my eyes out now as I don't think that I'll see anything this beautiful again!








No comments:

Post a Comment